|New improvement works of the motorway network
How to stay up to date
For Autostrade per l'Italia, the disclosure of correct and up-to-date information on its motorway improvement plans is a primary objective.
This is why a series of constantly updated information channels has been prepared on the progress of the overall plan, the details of individual works, and on the expected dates of opening to traffic.
The listed below is of the main information channels accessible to the public, in addition to the dedicated section on this site.
- "Cantieri Aperti" ("Roadworks Open"): cycle of press conferences organised in conjunction with the institutions of the various Regions involved in the improvement plan, to provide constant updates to all stakeholders on the progress of the works and on critical areas in the approval procedures necessary for the works, which Autostrade per l'Italia has to address and try to resolve.
There are 8 regions involved in this programme: Lazio, Lombardy, Valle d'Aosta, Emilia Romagna, Tuscany, Marches, Campania, and Liguria
- 15 "touch screen" information totems installed in the Service (Rest) Areas of the motorway sections affected by works, giving:
- film clips of the main works explaining in detail the type of works also by using aerial- and digital images
- the date of opening to traffic of the individual works
- the presentations of the main works
- 91 Information Signs installed in the motorways and Service (Rest) Areas of the sections affected by the works, to give information on works progress to customers who are driving or taking a break.
- "Lavori in Corso ("Work in Progress)" guide to give complete information on the Improvement Plan's works currently under way, with figures on the progress of investments (separated between the ANAS Agreement of 1997 and the IV "Additional Document" of 2004) and on the different phases of the authorisation formalities required for starting up the works. The Guide is distributed through the main national news publications and the "direct" channels on the motorways ("Punto Blu", Information totems etc.).